Friday, August 06, 2004

Time to Pick Classes

I just got the listing of classes for the New School. So much to choose from! I have to pick one literature seminar and one writer's workshop. Plus, there is a Writer's Life Colloquium where I need to attend eight readings/seminars of my choosing throughout the semester (Joyce Carol Oates and Art Spiegelman are among the speakers. Also, The finalists from the National Book Awards will be doing a reading.) But as for the writer's workshop and lit seminar, I need to choose one professor for each. For the past month I have been trying to read one book from each prospective professor, but I have not quite finished yet. However, I am leaning toward taking James Lasdun for my writer's workshop and Jeffery Renard Allen for my literature seminar. The subject for Professor Allen's seminar is "Shadow Narration." I also like the reading list of books for the class, mainly because I have not read any of them and he recommends a number of additional books on writing itself. Can you tell that I am excited?

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, August 06, 2004, Blogger Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

I'm drooling.

I'd love to hear more about the "shadow narration."

PS. Chuck, have you considered adding Haloscan comments to your blog, rather than relying on Blogger's standard (and rather tedious) system? www.haloscan.com It's free and nifty.

 
At 11:06 PM, August 06, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually have no idea what "Shadow Narration" is. I guess I'll find out! -Chuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home