Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Meditation

I think it is important to meditate on whatever project one is currently working on. You will be surprised what comes to you. This does not have to be palms-up, lotus-position meditation. Cooking, walking, running, and driving, are all very meditative in that they give one plenty of time to think. I was going over what I have written so far as I was driving to lunch today, and the ending to my novel came to me! Just like that! Don't get me wrong; I already had an ending, but this one was better. It tied up all the loose ends and it only took about 2 minutes of focus on my novel's details for me to envision this new resolution.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, August 04, 2004, Blogger Tor said...

Hi, Chuck. I wish to heck I could remember who said this, but it was given as advice to writers. It was something along the lines of, "Don't ever let anyone get on your case for sitting around reading, doodling, washing dishes, going for a walk or whatever. The thinking is the hardest part of writing." I haven't written a novel, but many small projects have been 99 percent percolation and one percent production.
Peace,
Tor

 
At 10:54 PM, August 04, 2004, Blogger Chuck said...

I agree, most of the work is written in my head. -Chuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home