Monday, August 02, 2004

Slow Start

It was a slow start this week after a weekend of inactivity. I did a mere 200 words today, however, I am comforted by the fact that the words came quickly and easily and my imagination continues to surprise me. I am creating characters without intent and the story is starting to become an organism of its own free will.

I should mention that I am a writer who does not do a whole lot of pre-writing. I have a book map of about 20 words that takes me about a third of the way into the book, but I am starting to blissfully stray away from that structure. I tried doing character sketches for a short story once, but it just did not take. I prefer to keep them in my head where they can be constantly molded and shaped. I am sure some writing teachers are cringing reading this, but my words are more Godspell than Gospel and I do not intend anyone to take them too seriously. To each her own.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, August 04, 2004, Blogger wildbill944 said...

I'm virtually stuck on my third novel. I'm glad someone is making progress. Keep up the production.

 
At 10:51 PM, August 04, 2004, Blogger Chuck said...

Third novel! I can only hope, Wild Bill. Thanks for the comment. Chuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home