Friday, August 06, 2004

Into the Abyss

The above subject line is where I sometimes think the few pieces I have submitted go. It is odd. I spend all this time writing and revising to send something out. And once I send it, fwoosh! Black hole. One thing I am doing to keep myself reminded that I actually am pursuing my dream is using the Submission Tracker on Writersmarket.com. Of course, one has to pay for a subscription to use it, but a person can add all of the market's information as well as information about the manuscript and what one would like to track (query letter, manuscript). It is a nifty tool that keeps me reminded that my work has not gone into some Orwellian incinerator and that any day now I'm going to be manacled and shuttled off for being a "thought criminal."

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, August 06, 2004, Blogger Kim Smith said...

Very interesting blog. I am a writer as well, and it's a fairly lonely life :)

Glad to meet another --

writingspace@blogspot.com

 
At 12:56 AM, August 07, 2004, Blogger Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

I believe Leary's blog URL should be www.writingspace.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home