Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Day-Job Doldrums

I did not write tonight because I was preparing for my yearly review at my day job. Confounded need for income! Like most writers, I dream of a day when I can sit in my underwear in front of my computer for eight hours and hammer away. I hope for a time where I can roll out of bed and into my office. Sometimes, I get a little tired of going full speed at my day job and my dream job at night. And then I am further crushed by the many writing experts who send out gleeful warnings detailing the facts that most professional writers still struggle once they are published. I say: keep your negative energy. I will comfortably sustain myself with writing because that is just what is going to happen. I have no choice as far as I am concerned, if not just to be one more success story to knock those nay-sayers on their asses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home