Saturday, August 14, 2004

Great Resource

I don't think any witing is getting done tonight, folks. I am going to devote my last two hours of the evening to reading. I am studying a great book on writing called The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman. Lukeman is a former editor and agent, and he discusses all the things he looks for in a manuscript . . . to reject it! His point is that editors and agents get so many manuscripts, they need to get through all of them somehow. So, there were certain key things he looked for to tell him whether a manuscipt was subpar or not.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, August 14, 2004, Blogger Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

Such as...?

 
At 3:03 PM, August 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure with you meant he was a former editor AND a former agent, but I think he is still an agent. Check out Lukeman Literary at http://www.lukeman.com/def2.htm
He has represented quite an impressive list of authors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home