Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Johnny Ramone

This is long past due, but I just wanted to remember guitarist Johnny Ramone, who died a week or so ago of prostate cancer. Since this is a writing blog, here are a few Ramones lyrics. Each group of lines is from a different song

I met her at the Burger King
Fell in love by the soda machine

Sittin' here with nothing to do
Sittin' here thinkin' only of you.

They got done surfin'
and their goin' to the discotheque a go-go
But she just stood and stared
she had to break away
Oh, New York City really has it all
Oh yeah-eh, oh yeah

Hey daddy-o
I don't want to go
down to the basement

I don't wanna walk around with you
so why do you wanna walk around with me?

I don't want to be buried
in a pet cemetery
I don't want to live my life again


Rest in peace, Johnny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home