Monday, July 26, 2004

Welcome to My World

Yes, that is what I aim to do: To draw you into my brain's microcosm of one, so that you may see what hell it is to have a flood of ideas, but have a lack of motivation drive you upstream like spawning salmon, fighting against the current. I know I should instead just relax and ride the wave, but alas I do not.

Let me dispense with the drama, and welcome you all to my blog. On these pages, you will find my views on writing, and I promise not to be as negative as I am today.

I will follow through with that promise right now, by focusing on telling you a little of the positive about me. I live in New Jersey with my wonderful, supportive girlfriend. I am an editor at a children's nonfiction book publisher and will be attending the New School University's M.F.A. program  in creative writing this fall. I am currently trying to write daily and failing miserably . . . whoops, there's the negativity. Ah, a broken promise--the American way . . . I can say that I have submitted a short horror story and a picture book and am waiting on the edge of my office chair for a response. I used to write only horror, but since I quit alcohol and have gotten to a better place with the support of my girlfriend and my family and friends, I am no longer pigeon-holed into a specific genre, but bask in the full spectrum of crazy story ideas.

Well that is all for my first post. I look forward to any responses. Thanks for letting me SCREAM!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home